Target audience feedback

Target audience feedback

I asked my peers to assess my magazine and tell me what they thought what went well and what they thought I could improve on. I used my peers because my magazine was aimed at 16-30-year-olds so I wanted to see if the magazine appealed to that age range. 

Hollie Rowlands- 
Quality of image and layout design (Front cover)
WWW-You used a really high-quality image of the artist and the image shows a direct address on the cover which makes it really eye catching. 
EBI- It is quite plain by itself on the page so maybe you could try adding different images as well not just one because it can show the details of what's in the magazine. 
Quality of images and layout design (Contents Page)
WWW- Your images are well placed on the page they stick to a colour scheme which makes the page look like it flows and is well structured. 
EBI- You could make heading bolder to catch the eye more or try using a double page to create more room for text on the page. 
Quality of images, content and layout design (Feature article)
WWW- I like the layout and placement of the pictures and text, I also think the article is interesting because it is trying to show the artists life like an actual R&B magazine would probably do in an interview. 
EBI- You used some similar images which you could switch up to bring more elements onto the page. 

Callum Fitzgerald-
Quality of image and layout design (Front cover)
WWW- Your main image it very good and it catches the eye immediately when you look at it because it is very close up and personal, It's a very high-quality image. 
EBI- Use more annotations and small subheadings on the page so it shows more information on the contents of the magazine because then it will make people want to read it more without having to actually open it.
Quality of images and layout design (Contents Page)
WWW- I liked the layout of the contents page, its really simple and easy to read and clear and I think a lot of information was given about the different articles.   
EBI- If I were to improve the page I might think about changing the background colour instead of having it plain white because it would make the whole page catch the eye.
Quality of images, content and layout design (Feature article)
WWW- I liked your layout and I liked the way the interview questions were a different colour to the rest of the text which makes the article layout more eye-catching easier for the reader to read through. I also liked how detailed the interview was. 
EBI- You could experiment with different fonts because there are the same fonts throughout the magazine and a different magazine could create a different style on the page.

Harry Wolfe- Quality of image and layout design (Front cover)
WWW- You have shown understanding of conventions of layout and page design. The masthead and the main image are really outstanding and caught my attention. 
EBI- If I were to improve the magazine I would add an issue date to the page and make the text font bolder. 
Quality of images and layout design (Contents Page)
WWW- The contents page is structured really well and I like the images you used on the page and where they are placed. 
EBI- I would make the title(s) brighter and make the font bigger because it's really small. 
Quality of images, content and layout design (Feature article)
WWW- I loved the images, they were really creative and detailed, I also like how there was a solid colour scheme throughout the whole magazine in the text and the photos with the pop of orange to make important things stand out. 
EBI- I think the feature article would be even better if you used images that weren't so similar, you could try switching it up because then the page would be more colourful.

I appreciate the feedback and constructive criticisms my peers have given me and I will take it all onboard to improve and make my magazine even better in the future. The WWW and EBI really helped me understand what actually appealed to my audience and what they think needs improving. So next time I create a magazine, I will take this advice on board and use it in a way which will benefit the outcome of my overall product. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music magazine feature article analysis

Contents page and Feature article analysis

Evaluation of the 7 questions